Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm Back After a Long Hiatus!

Wow! Has it been a long time since I have written here! Forgive me!

I have progressed much, spiritually, over the last couple of months. During this past election cycle, I have never prayed, fasted, interceded, or cried out to God so much in my life. My relationship with my Father has deepened tremendously and I learned how to incorporate a vibrant prayer life and worship time into my daily routine. I also learned how to stand in faith for something I could not see. Even though I did not get the results I was hoping for, I believe that the process itself of praying and believing and not giving up when faced with a mountain, provided me a valuable opportunity to exercise my faith muscle. In the past, whenever I stood in faith for a prayer request, I would usually give up when it seemed hopeless. I did not do that this time, and for that, I am thankful. If nothing else, I believe my faithful prayers pleased God and earned me some rewards in heaven.

Now, have I "arrived"? Absolutely not. What I, more often than not, found myself doing was neglecting my family or duties at home far too much in order to lock myself in my prayer closet and seek God's face. While my intentions were good, I should have been able to find a way to have a strong relationship with God and still fulfill my obligations at home. I am still struggling with this. I am often on one end of the spectrum or the other: either I am so heavenly-minded that I am no earthly good, or I am so earthly-minded that I am no heavenly good. So, I am going to have to find a way to balance my spiritual life and my home life. I would love to find a way to incorporate the two, but, unfortunately, my husband and I have not yet grown comfortable in praying or worshipping together. It seems that we would rather be more private when it comes to these things, which is a shame, really. In time, I hope that will change.

I'd love to hear any ideas on how to live a more balanced spiritual life. Tell me how you do it. Enlighten me!

No comments: