Monday, November 10, 2008

Homework Assignment: Buy Family Force 5's new CD!!!


Ok, here's your assignment...find your nearest music store and buy Family Force 5's new CD called Dance or Die. I'm serious...buy it now! Listen to every song and dance your heart out...I'll wait...


Ok, now don't you feel better? Good; so do I!


I confess that I have been in a severe state of depression since a certain day last week. I have been extremely troubled and terrified for our nation, and for our kids. I won't get into all that now, as I have another blog for that (just click on my computer profile to find it), but I have been struggling with how to move on in the midst of my sadness and fear.


Well, last night, I turned on my IPOD and listened to Family Force 5 for literally hours. For those of you who are not familiar with this band, they are a Christian rock/funk band (their music is actually hard to describe because it covers so many different genres) and they are the most fun band I've ever heard or seen. I saw them in concert recently and their energy blew me away! As I was listening to their music, I could not help but dance, and dance hard! I'm talking head-banging, throwing-bones-out-of-joint hard. I also cleaned half the house at the same time. They reminded me that life is good and God is awesome. And besides enjoying the respite from the darkness I was in, as I was dancing and worshipping God, a fight began to rise up within me. As Family Force 5 says (or shouts!) in their song "Radiator", "We are the chosen nation!!", and who am I to cower in fear? We are more than conquerers and the gates of hell will not prevail against the Church! Things are going to get very rough in this country over the next few years, but we must pray and take authority over the power of the enemy. Jesus said we are the salt of the earth...we are the preservative, or more precisely, the Holy Spirit in us, and we have the ability to hold back many of the plans set against our nation. So, let's join in prayer, worship our God, and see this country whole, restored, and blessed.
So, don't forget today to stir up the gifts that are in you, worship God from your heart, and trust Him to protect His Church during this time of upheavel.
AND don't forget to buy Family Force 5...especially if you are still young at heart. If not, your kids will love it!!


No comments: